Renowned photographer Dmitri Kasterine will be displaying some of his favorite photographs, with subjects ranging from cultural icons of the twentieth century, to 1960’s Venice, to Newburgh residents’ portraits, all at 44MAIN. Dmitri will be hosting FAVORITES from 06/07 – 06/09, 10 am – 6 pm.
FAVORITES offers a rare opportunity to visitors — you can come to the storefront, sit comfortably at a table, pick up prints from a box, and examine them closely, with ample time to ask the photographer how the print was made and the history behind the image.
The display will be divided into the following groups:
- Portraits of cultural figures of the twentieth century.
- Stanley Kubrick on the set of A Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove and 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Venice in the rain, 1962.
- Newburgh NY, portraits of citizens from the city.
- Life going on in Brooklyn, Manhattan and around the world.
Dmitri will also be displaying samples of commissioned portrait work in case you want to have your portrait done. The work will be for sale at various prices and sizes of prints.
Flyer image: Mick Jagger, Hollywood, 1975 – by Dmitri Kasterine